Since 2007, we have awarded about £4.5 million to promote research into BHD syndrome. During this time:
- the number of researchers studying BHD syndrome has doubled;
- the Folliculin mutation database was created;
- a clinical trial testing a cream for the fibrofolliculoma symptoms of BHD was begun;
- a UK BHD patient registry was developed;
- FLCN was found to be involved in several additional signalling pathways, connecting BHD syndrome to related genetic kidney disorders on a molecular level;
- the structure of a portion of the Folliculin protein has been solved;
- the BHD Symposium was launched and now is held every year.
See the Publications page for further information on these BHD advances.
Alternatively, continue to learn about current Projects in BHD research.